2019 is our 8th annual festival of queer theatre and the first with our new name! This year's festival happens September 27 and 28 at the Alumnae Theatre.
We operate under the CAEA Festival Policy.
Our submission deadline is May 15th. Entrants will be notified soon afterwards regarding their involvement in the festival.
Please email scripts to firstname.lastname@example.org with "2019 submission" in the subject line.
We look forward to reading your scripts!
Submission Guidelines -
- Each playwright and/or director may submit only one script - send us your best!
- We are only accepting electronic submissions in Word or PDF format.
- We are looking for short plays that run between 10 to 20 minutes in length.
- The title page should include the playwright's name, the character list and a brief synopsis of the play.
- The title page must also include the company's contact name (if different from playwright), address, phone number and email address.
- Plays should contain no more than 4 characters.
- Technical requirements should be fairly simple. Your set should also be minimal. We are interested in your stories, not your scenery or special effects.
- Musicals, children’s shows, and any unsolicited longer one-act or full-length plays are not accepted and will not receive a response.
- If selected, each company is responsible to cast and rehearse their own play.
- A tech person will be provided by the festival for the tech rehearsal and performances.
Visit us at our new website: torontoqueertheatrefestival.com